Wednesday, April 19, 2006


NO MORE FIFTY REP WORKOUTS!

PD promised me today that we're moving to an all-new workout on Monday. And that's not a moment too soon. I made the mistake of telling him that the 50-rep squats were the #1 Most Painful Exercise. This was right before the 50-rep calf raises. PD said "Well, we're just gonna have to see if we can move these to the #1 slot." He had me do 10 reps, then hold the weight a few inches off the floor (I was on the seated calf-raise torture machine), then do 10 more reps, hold the weight off the floor while he counted to 3 million (10 actually), repeat repeat repeat. Afterward, when I regained my composure, he asked me what was #1. I told him that 50 rep squats and 50-rep calf raises were both number one. Squats for their whole-body massive ache and burn with sucking O2 tendencies, and calf raises for their intense, focused, extremity-based pain.

Time for a protein shake and bed, so I can get up and do Thursday.

My plans for the weekend include a trip to the country to amuse other people.

2 comments:

RussCinDC said...

JAYSUS, is that YOUR arm?!? lol See, never post anywhere about GMCW, it comes to haunt you with stalkers. ;-)

That being said, I would love to know what alternatives your trainer gave you to myoplex, because it is killing me, too.

RussCinDC said...

Jaysus, is that YOUR arm?!? (Never post about GMCW, it invites stalkers.) ;-)

Seriously, I would like to know what alternatives to myoplex your trainer gave you, its killing me too.