Monday, March 20, 2006


IT MIGHT BE THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING
But it's still cold.

I found a great recipe for turkey meatballs on bodybuilding.com. Scroll down past the Falafel and the Dal Masala to the "Baked Yam with Turkey Meatball Marinara." Actually, now that I look at it, I didn't follow this recipe. Using it as a rough guide. I procured a pound of ground turkey (from Whole Foods, dark meat, claimed it was 4g fat per serving unless they're lying sacks of circus peanuts), and mixed it with a couple of egg whites, some chopped onion and garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper, and the universal ingredient Mrs. Dash. The resulting concoction was a bit sloppy and formed into meatballs rather messily. I baked them at 400 for 20 minutes (got that from the recipe). They stuck a bit to the cookie sheet (note: gotta get more Reynolds Release foil) and they looked like turkey macaroons, but they tasted FANTASTIC. At least to me. My kitchen was a mess afterwards. And now the leftovers are beckoning, sirenlike, which is just fine, since it's time for dinner.

No comments: